According to a recent study conducted by a major Cyber Security firm, less than half the online population understands the term "Firewalls" - or know if they have one enabled on their PC.
Firewalls are even more important in a corporate or work environment. It not only keeps the corporate network safe - but can also optimize traffic routing and provide a whole range of other benefits.
If you are connected to the Internet, you are a potential target to an array of cyber threats, such as hackers, keyloggers, and Trojans that attack through unpatched security holes. This means that if you, like most people shop and bank online, are vulnerable to identity theft and other malicious attacks.
A firewall works as a barrier, or a shield, between your PC and cyberspace. When you are connected to the Internet, you are continually sending and receiving information in small units called packets. The firewall filters these packets to see if they meet certain criteria set by a series of rules, and after that blocks or allows the data. This way, hackers cannot get inside and steal information such as bank account numbers and passwords from you.
Basic firewalls such as the one included in your operating systems, only monitor incoming traffic by default. This may give you a false sense of security. Keep in mind, outgoing traffic, with your credit card information, bank accounts, and social security number is not protected. A good firewall will monitor traffic in both directions. That is, both your incoming data and your outgoing data, keeping your private information safe. In addition to preventing unauthorized access to your PC, it also makes your PC invisible when you're online, helping prevent attempted intrusions in the first place.
Firewalls are one of the most critical parts of a network. It’s the first line of defense that your system has against attacks or unwanted visitors, and it makes all the difference in ensuring your data is protected. pfSense is a highly versatile, open source routing and firewall software. With thousands of enterprises using pfSense software, it is fast the world's most trusted open source network security solution.
pfSense has all of the features you would find in a commercial firewall solution and more, and it is absolutely free! Better yet, you can customize pfSense based on your organization’s requirements and create a unique solution that is perfect for you.
- Do you know what it takes to install and configure a sophisticated firewall?
- How do you scale your firewall from a small home office to a large corporation’s network?
- How do you implement security features like VPN, remote access and corporate web proxy?
These are some of the fundamental problems IT engineers struggle with on a daily basis.
In this course, you’ll learn about pfSense, all of its key features, how you can install and deploy it, as well as the different tasks you can perform.
- You’ll learn about pfSense.
- You will gain an understanding of what pfSense is, its key features and advantages.
- You will learn how to configure pfSense as a firewall and create and manage firewall rules.
- pfSense is capable of working with multiple ISP connections and provide you this redundancy. You will learn to configure and test pfSense for failover and load balancing across multiple WAN connections.
- Besides that, secure remote connectivity is also a critical feature for many businesses and professionals. You will dive into configuring pfSense a free and robust remote connectivity solutions using OpenVPN and IPSec
- Finally, you’ll learn how to configure and integrate pfSense as a Squid proxy server.
if you are serious about architecting, deploying and operating enterprise grade firewalls – then this course is for you.
These IT and security skills are in great demand, but there’s no easy way to acquire this knowledge. Rather than rely on hit and trial method, this course will provide you with all the information you need to get started with your interoperability requirements.
Startups and technology companies pay big bucks for IT engineers and contractors with the talent to secure their infrastructure required for today's ever complex networks. They demand knowledge and experience in these technologies.
When you become skilled at these technologies - you can demand top dollar for your abilities.
- Do you want the skills to be highly sought after?
- Do you want your career to touch cloud 9?
Did you answer, “Absolutely” to that question? If so, then our new training program “Managing Network Security with pfSense Firewall" is for you.
Look, if you're serious about becoming an expert cloud engineer and generating a greater income for you and your family, it’s time to take action.
Let’s do this together!